Portland PartyWorks has immediate part-time and full-time openings in Clackamas, for Event Crew/Staff, 18+, with valid driver’s license and clean driving record. Those who want to work a lot, can get 40+ hours per week, while some may choose to only work a few shifts per month. We have weekday, weeknight, and weekend opportunities available.
Crew members take on a wide and ever-changing variety of roles. A typical day involves delivering equipment (inflatable bounce houses, obstacle courses, mechanical bulls, rock climbing walls, virtual reality, photo booths, etc) to an event site, setting up, staffing throughout the event, then tearing everything down and returning it to our warehouse. Jobs may include operating a climbing wall or mechanical bull, handing out carnival prizes, working with a small team to move a large obstacle course into position and setting it up, serving snow cones, photography, setting up state-of-the-art electronic equipment, and anything in between. Most shifts require varying degrees of physical labor during setup and tear down, usually totaling 1-3 hours of an 8 hour shift, so candidates must be willing to sweat and get their hands dirty.
Responsibilities and Duties
These are the requirements of every employee :
· Interact with customers and event guests in a positive and professional manner
· Read and follow written instructions, layout maps, and other details relating to event setup
· Follow verbal instructions and communicate effectively with coworkers, supervisors and managers
· Maintain a clean, professional appearance
· Follow all safety procedures and recognize potential hazards
· Be on time
These are some additional responsibilities depending on which role you fill:
· Move/carry medium to heavy items, sometimes in challenging conditions (rain, stairs, hallways, sun/heat, etc)
· Setup heavy, awkward, challenging equipment such as: mechanical bull, rock wall, 4-piece obstacle courses
· Setup delicate, technical equipment such as: virtual reality, projectors, big screens and other audio/video equipment
· Troubleshoot and problem-solve on the fly, under pressure, and in a timely manner
· Work well with children and parents to maintain order in a sometimes hectic environment
· Safely load/unload trucks
· Safely operate box trucks, lift gates and tow trailers
Qualifications and Skills
No experience is necessary, but certain experience and skills, listed below, will lead to rapid advancement in pay and job duties:
· Leadership skills
· Can-do attitude
· Computer/technical skills
· Professional demeanor
· Ability to safely move heavy items
· Previous event experience
· Troubleshooting / problem-solving skills
· Experience driving box trucks
· Any other life experience that helps us serve our customers and exceed their expectations
Students: This is a perfect position for college and high school students who want part-time work during the school year, and/or a summer job to come back to each year.
Flexible schedule: Most employees are given online access to available shifts and they choose which ones they want to work, so it doesn't interfere with other activities. This can even be used to supplement another part-time or full-time job. Priority is generally given to those who have a history of getting the job done properly. Some employees will work 60+ hours during our busiest weeks, some will only work 60 hours during the entire year, so there are opportunities for everyone.
Rapid advancement: Those who get the job done and show leadership potential can see their pay rise by several dollars per hour over just their first couple months. We are always looking for leaders, who will take on supervisor/management positions, which can pay over $25/hour with included bonuses.
Bonus pay: Bonus pay can be earned on over half of available shifts, depending on difficulty and execution. Event bonuses for crew members range from $5-$50 for a single 4-8 hour shift.
Ever-changing: No two days are the same. Some days will include sweating in the sun or soaking in the rain, others will be in a fancy ballroom where you'll eat lunch from a prime rib buffet. Some days you won't believe you're getting paid for this because you're having so much fun with the party guests. If you're looking for variety, this is for you.
Pay: $17.00 to $25.00 /hour + Bonuses + We buy back unused sick pay at double-time, which works out to approximately an additional $1 per hour.